July 26, 2009

One Year!!!

The Mrs and I celebrated our first anniversary this weekend and it was, as she would say, Super Awesome!  We took Friday off of work spent the weekend in Idyllwild and it was a great time of relaxing and being with my favorite person in the world.  The highlights included:

-Our very own creekside cabin, complete with resident grey squirrel we named Smudge.

-Looking out the window and being about a foot away from two young raccoons who were fighting over crumbs on the porch table (and my poor wife of one year nearly having a heart attack when she realized that they were not way over in the creek where she was looking, but directly in front of her face.)

-A 3.4 earthquake that scared my wife half to death once again, as she lay in bed wondering if raccoons could open screen doors.

-Walking with hand in hand with my wife, surrounded by the smell of rain and redwoods, and the sound of thunder and woodpeckers.

-The best scrambled eggs I've ever had from a little restaurant called Cafe Aroma. 

-Finding a rootbeer that I haven't had yet (Filbert's; not that great) and perfect thrift shop shoes for Jenette to wear at an upcoming costume party.

-Stopping on the way home at the giant dinosaur statues from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  How did I make it to 29 years old and not know that they were so close?

-Spending an uninterrupted 74 hours with the love of my life!  I love you Jenette!  Thank you for an unbelievably great first year of husbandhood.  




2 comments:

Mama Mote said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, YOU TWO!

Julianna said...

Nice job on the picture taking. And I like that they are all cutesy and coupley, and then there's you and the dinosaur.