January 4, 2010

Yay, Nature!!!

While at home for the holidays I was able to borrow my sister's camera and shoot some pictures of the local wildlife. It had been a few years since I had used anything other than a little point and shoot camera and knew that it would have been a good idea to go over some of the "one step above letting the camera do everything for you" functions like the light meter and stuff like that, but I decided instead to just take a bunch of pictures and see what happened. The results were mixed. I'm posting the best of the bunch, which have almost all been tweaked in photoshop to varying degrees, and are still all pretty hit and miss. But I had a lot of fun taking the pictures, and a few of them are decent, I think, so I thought I'd share them with you. So here you go.








2 comments:

Mama Mote said...

Fun stuff, Jacobi. I love taking pictures and wish I was better at that. Don't even know how to Photoshop. But it's still fun. Glad you got to get out. Missed seeing you at Christmas. We were in SLO, but I was talking to so many people, so missed you. Maybe next time.

Larissa said...

Yay Fun!! I LOVE the pelicans and the little yellow-green bird in the tree!